I need to make some conclusive decisions about this outcome, it is still so up in the air – I know what I want, I can see it, but I’m sure how to get there. My resources and knowledge is limiting me and I hate that. I don’t know enough about circuits and electricity to make my own, I can’t afford to get anything specially made and I don’t have the time or ability to learn the technique to be able to make it all myself. Instead I have to use what is already there, finding something suitable at a reasonable price and that’s it. I’ve got part way there, I was excited about the outcome but I keep coming across obstacles and it’s disheartening, I want it finished as I imagine to be!
Thing I need to decide on:
- The Paper – Thick, as white as possible, shiny and reflective – but must be suitable for printing on.
- Page size – width and height (it will be landscape that’s all I know atm)
- A suitable font – bold, strong, yet friendly, convincing,
- Point size, and positioning on the page relative to the light source.
- Hole position & size (how do I cut it, want it neat and precise, do we do die cutting at uni?)
- Back cover structure to hold the light circuit in place, will need to be about an inch thick at least, what material to let the light through?
- Opening mechanism (Can I get a bigger magnet, does that give me more room and leverage?) How does it attach to the front cover?
- Cover material – is the top see-through?Perspex, How thick?
- Binding technique – there’s going to be a lot of pages, what’s best? Glue, screws, stitching? Needs to be secure.
- Do I include the definitions of the words I am using anywhere on the page?
- The narrative through the book – alphabetical, word length etc… how is it arranged?