My initial understanding of the what if questions was different to how I realise now how they should be considered.
For example I had stuff like:
- we didn’t have a body?
- we had a different current day ideal
- we only existed in the ideal form, everyone was perfectly formed?
- we had no notion of beauty at all?
- we all looked identical – all the same physical human features?
- we were all constantly in the nude, in our natural form?
- ugly was desirable?
- we didn’t age?
- we couldn’t lose or gain weight?
- perfection was attainable?
- vanity was banned/made illegal?
But with these questions there was no intention, instead they were more about imagining/creating a whole other world completely separate to life as we know it to be now and seeing what the consequences would be. I think it explains why I had such difficulty in exploring any of them further visually, I had no idea what to do, I’m not saying the topics weren’t interesting, quite the opposite but I found it hard to relate the topics to aspect of graphic design.